Associate Prof. Rajendra Thakre studied Master of Fine Arts at Lalit Kala Vibhag, Nagpur, and post-graduated in the year 2005 with a specialisation in Photography.
In a career spanning more than 14 years, he has worked as a Freelance Graphic Designer with various creative ad agencies like FCB ULKA, Quadrant Communication, and Overture. He has also lead a team of designers for mobile application software design, UI/UX design and mobile game design at IT firms like Global Logic & Zeon Solutions.
- Web design: LifeSaving Advice, Sixt.ie, Codexkids, Exsportise, Maitree Rehabilation Centre & Tribe Equity
- UI Design: Animated Greetings, PIX Mania, Aladdin Find It / Get It (AUTODESK), Carom (TATA), Cricket Mobile Game (TATA).
- Print Media: KS, Videocon, Sansui, Suruchi.
- Eminent leadership expertise in¬ Graphic Design, User Experience Design, Publication Design, Branding, Typography and Photography
- Significant exposure in digital tools like Photoshop, HTML, CSS, Illustrator, CorelDraw, Indesign, Dreamweaver and Flash.
- Hands-on experience in front-end development; from requirement analysis to designing, testing, documentation and implementation.
Presented a paper on ‘Reviving Modi-Script’ at International seminar on “Typoday 2014” organised by IIT (IDC Mumbai) at Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune
Received the ‘Best Photography Award’ given by Orange City Photographer’s Club, Nagpur for two consecutive years (Year1999 and 2000)
Advertising campaign & best photography award in Govt. Chitrakala Mahavidyalaya.
Designed the typeface for “Modiscript” and is currently working on Devanagari Type Design- ‘Sai’.